Chronicler: Julien McBain
Q1 2019 Minutes
Shire of Panther Vale
Attendees: Laura, Edward, Siubhan, Aethelhawk, Regnulf, Bess, Julien, Vopiscus, Alida, Geloria, Brita, Aurelia, Kevin, Zofiya, Angie
- Pre Open
- Troll has three volunteers, must always have an experienced person present
- Lost and Found pictures taken
- Officer Reports are coming up, CC all reports to Seneschal.
* See note at bottom
- No Bylaws written-oral tradition only. They should be written down. Seneschal and deputies will begin process.
- Listen to advice, begin codification process.
- Listen to long-term members and find out the why for traditions
- Officer Reports are coming up, CC all reports to Seneschal.
- Exchequer is opening two Deputy positions
- Studium Generale
- Good result, despite unexpected weather
- Several new members came
- The Space on Main did advertise for the event.
- No major challenges, some organizational issues.
- Feedback from people that attended
- Scheduling glitch
- Bottle making class ended up being all day
- Full-day activities may be allocated space in the future.
- Good opportunities for advertising SCA and Panther Vale
- President of the Homeschool Association wants to interact with us.
- Panteria XXIV
- Most schedules are in, some marshals need to submit events.
- Event schedule should be on site shortly
- Class Schedule is tentative but established.
- Volunteer Pages are going up to sign up for shifts.
- Trying to fill before event
- A lot of volunteers are coming forward
- Youth activities are going to be happening.
- Names list was shared.
- Dance master for the Ball has been selected
- Court time is TBD but is generally on Saturday
- There may be two mini-courts
- Northern Region Arts & Sciences Championship
- We have reservations in, we’re on track to hit break-even before event even starts.
- Meal plan is at 1⁄2 and 2⁄3 bunk space is taken.
- Next Friday is deadline for large groups
- Fee structure is complex but organized.
- Troll is requesting Cash Register for event.
- Cost $85-$110
- Room divider-Sound control in the program building
- Cost $235.95
- 4 Radios to start
- RFQ Radios on docket with replaceable batteries
- Motion made to purchase Register and Divider
- Passed unanimously
- $180 per radio
- Motion made to purchase 3 Radios
- Passed Unanimously
- Newcomers Track being organized
- Changing area needed
- Upstairs to program building requisitioned for changing
- Over a dozen merchants have registered.
- Need to replace some road signs
- New map being drawn up
- There is a team drive with Inventory sheet for who has what shire property
- Lost and Found Table will be set up for offloading Lost and Found
- Meal plan menu for dinners is out
- Other menus are coming
- Three sets of youth equipment coming in, donated by Wil
- Several parades are available to be used as advertising
- Signups may be set up
- Table until summer
- Notice for Autocrating Lost Tip and Yule
- Yule will be in January
- In Montpelier
- Zofiya volunteered to Autocrat Lost Tip
- Bids for Kingdom Events
- Spring Crown
- 12th Night
- Fall Coronation
- Decide at next meeting
- Talk about going Barony
- Proposal: What would it mean for Panther Vale to become a Barony
- What would it mean to become a Province
Note: Being a document consolidating the reporting requirements for local officers to Kingdom officers, not exhaustive nor superseding any published Corpora, Kingdom, or Branch law nor superseding any relevant Officer policy. This is merely an aggregation of information, not a governing document.
- Generally, officers with Kingdom counterparts are required to file periodic reports and are required to notify their branch Seneschal that the required report was timely filed. Subordinate branches and incipient branches must notify their parent or sponsoring branch.
- Where reports include information beyond simply identifying your continuance as an officer it is a good idea to also send that information to your Seneschal and possibly your Chronicler for inclusion in meeting minutes, in many cases merely adding your Branch Seneschal on the CC line in your email is sufficient for this.
Officer Reporting Requirements
|Local Officer||Due dates||Forms at||Submit by||Report within your branch by|
|Seneschal||15th day of April (Q1), July (Q2), October (Q3), January (Q4)||Seneschal website||Email to Kingdom Seneschal Regional Deputy|
|Herald||1st day of March, June, September, December||Herald website||Online form (Does it email a confirmation to the officer?)||Confirm with your local Seneschal that you filed a report|
|Knight Marshal||Last day of February, May, August, November||Earl Marshal website||Online form (Does it email a confirmation to the officer?)||Confirm with your local Seneschal that you filed a report|
|Exchequer||Last day of April, July, October, January AND 10 days after an event (NMS) AND 30 days after an event||Exchequer website||Email to Regional Deputy Exchequer and Kingdom Exchequer|
After events, email NMS report to NMS deputy and Event Report to Regional Deputy and Kingdom Exchequer
|CC your local Seneschal on the report email|
|Chronicler||15th day of December||No form, instructions at Chronicler website||Email or regular mail to Kingdom Chronicler||Confirm with your local Seneschal that you filed a report|
|Minister of Arts and Sciences||1st day of March, June, September, December||MoAS website||Email to regional deputy and Kingdom MoAS||Confirm with your local Seneschal that you filed a report|
|Minister of Lists||1st day of March||MoL website||Submit form or send an email to kingdom MoL||Confirm with your local Seneschal that you filed a report|
|Chatelaine||15th day of January, April, July, October||Chatelaine website||Email to your Regional Chatelain and Kingdom Chatelain and Deputy Kingdom Chatelain||Confirm with your local Seneschal that you filed a report|
|Chancellor Minor||Quarterly?||Chancellor Minor website||Submit form||Confirm with your local Seneschal that you filed a report|
|Webminister||Quarterly/Annually?||Webminister website||Submit form||Confirm with your local Seneschal that you filed a report|
Marshal Reporting Requirements
|At-large reporting||Due dates||Forms at||Submit by|
|Thrown Weapons Marshals||1st day of April, October||Thrown Weapons website||Submit form|
|Archery Marshals||1st day of April, October||Archery Marshal website||Submit form|
|Archery Marshals - scores||After recording Royal Rounds||Archery Scorekeeping page||Mail paper copies or email scans or email a spreadsheet as an attachment|
|Kingdom Guild Activity||1st day of March, June, September, December||MoAS website||Email to Kingdom MoAS|
|Equestrian||After an equestrian event||Equestrian website||Mail or email form to regional deputy and KEO|